This recipe is inspired by a recipe from the “Oh She Glows” Cookbook…my now favourite cookbook. These are a very tasty treat and easy to whip up as there is no baking involved.
• 1½ cups large flake rolled oats
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 tbsp almond butter
• ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup almond or coconut flour
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
1. In a high speed blender or food processor, blend oats until a fine flour forms.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour and sea salt and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tbsp of dough each). Place the balls onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
4. Freeze the bites for 5-10 minutes until firm. Enjoy the deliciousness.
5. You can store these in a freezer bag for quick and easy snacks.