These overnight oats were a real hit in our house. This recipe is delicious, nutritious and will keep you feeling full until lunch time. The best part of this breakfast is that it is ready to go when you wake up. All the mess and prep is taken care of ahead of time so it won’t add any extra work to your already busy morning.
Ingredients: Serves 3
- 1 1/2 cups oats (quick or rolled)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup all natural almond butter
- 2 tbsps chia Seeds
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine oats, almond milk, almond butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Divide into 3 single-serving size jars or containers. Enjoy!
- Storage: Refrigerate up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
- Toppings: Banana slices, almonds, shredded coconut, hemp hearts or chocolate chips.
- Warm it up: Heat in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating.
- No maple syrup: use honey instead.
- More fiber: add ground flaxseed.