This is a tasty fresh dairy-free pesto recipe that I am sure you will enjoy. It is a beautiful bright green color and is very fresh and light.
We had this with some rice pasta, sautéed red onion, black olives, sundried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. I am confident that it would be delicious with anything. I could easily just eat it out of the jar by the spoonful.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1½ cups fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place walnuts in a food processor, and process for a few seconds.
- Add arugula, basil, garlic, lemon juice and half of olive oil. Process until nearly smooth. Then add in the remaining oil and process until smooth, scarping down the sides with a spatula if needed.
- Serve over warm or cold pasta, roasted vegetables or as a dip for bread, crackers or veggie sticks.
- To store, cover with a thin layer of olive oil and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.