- Naturopathic Medicine
This is really easy to make and super delicious. This particular recipe was inspired by ‘The Blender Girl’ blog. It serves as a great substitute for coffee cream. I have been having this in my decaf chai rooibos teas this past week while I am on my detox but I will be sure to try it in my coffee next week. It would also be great on some fruit salad or granola or eaten right off the spoon. Wink wink.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup (120ml) filtered water, plus more for soaking
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract, plus more to taste
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- In a bowl cover the cashews with water. Soak for at least 2 hours. (You can even let them soak overnight). Drain and rinse. Discard the soaking water.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency or more maple syrup if you would like it a bit sweeter. Et voila – a dairy-free coffee cream alternative with no additives, preservatives or thickeners.
- Transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.