Fragrant, rich and delicious; this curry recipe will warm you up from the inside out. Don’t be scared by the longish list of ingredients…it is well worth it! One of the things I love most about curry is that it is a great way to use up odd and ends in your fridge and your pantry. Bon appétit!
Ingredients: 6-8 servings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, garam masala, paprika, cumin, coriander and turmeric and sauté until the onions are slightly softened.
- Add the chopped potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas and toss in the spices until well mixed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cover. Simmer until the potatoes are tender – approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and simmer for another couple of minutes until the peas are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and fresh cilantro. Dish up and dive in.
Leave A Comment