These are delicious and nutritious and will keep you energized and feeling satiated until lunch time. The best part of chia bowls is that they are fast and easy. So many of us are rushing in the morning so this is a great option for eating on the run. If you divide the recipe in half this also makes for a great afternoon snack or even a tasty dessert.
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or other dairy-free alternative
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Antioxidant Bowl: 1 tbsp each hemp hearts, goji berries, cocoa nibs and pumpkin seeds
- Warming Bowl: ¼ cup each raspberries and diced pears, ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ginger
- Tropical Bowl: ¼ cup each mango and pineapple, 1 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tbsp help hearts
- Nutty Bowl: ½ banana, sliced, 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 tbsp cocoa nibs, 1 tbsp diced almonds
- Fiber Bowl: 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, ¼ cup each sliced strawberries and kiwi, 1 tsp maple syrup
- Mix and Match Bowl: Add whatever you want…you can’t go wrong.
1. Combine chia seeds, milk and vanilla in a mason jar or any tumbler. Stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. In the morning add your choice of toppings.
3. If you prefer a smoother consistency you can put the chia mixture in the blender or magic bullet before you add the toppings. You can also add more almond milk or water in the morning for a thinner consistency.
4. Breakfast is ready in under 2 minutes.
Leave A Comment