This is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day and will keep you energized and feeling full until lunch time.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2-3 tbsp almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- In a glass bowl mash the banana until it is almost smooth.
- Stir in the chia seeds, hemp hearts almond milk and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning add the ground flaxseed, nuts, seeds and fruit of your choice and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
- If you prefer a smoother consistency you can put the chia mixture in the blender or magic bullet before you add the toppings. You can also add more almond milk or water in the morning for a thinner consistency.