This is a recipe from Yum Universe Cookbook written by Heather Crosby.
If you have been looking for an excuse to buy chia seeds…this is it. This is a very easy recipe and doubles as an amazing breakfast or dessert. Pomegranate seeds are powerful antioxidants and are rich in Vitamin C. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc. Cashews are a great source of minerals including selenium, copper and zinc. And chia seeds are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. This recipe is a real nutrient powerhouse and great for fighting colds and flus.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- ½ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) *
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup roasted cashews *
- 2 tbsp raw, wild-harvested honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (for a more yogurt-like sourness, add 2 tsp vinegar)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Teeny pinch salt
- Place your chia seeds in a large glass bowl.
- Blend together Honey Cream ingredients until super smooth and add to the bowl of chia. Stir well and allow to sit on the counter, or in the fridge, for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Place in serving bowls and top with toasted pepitas and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to one week.
* It is always best to buy unsalted and raw nuts and dry roast them yourself. Seeds can be dry roasted on the stove top, for 5 minutes over medium high heat (shake the pan often). Nuts can be roasted in the oven at 350°F for 8 -10 minutes until they start to smell nutty. Be sure that they are arranged in a single layer and give them a stir after 4-5 minutes. *