- Naturopathic Medicine
This is a super tasty meatless meal. Rich in colour, flavour and nutritive value! Nothing like a warm bowlful of Indian spices to keep you warm over the winter months!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
If you want to make it creamy you can add a can of coconut milk…yum!!
- In a large pot over medium heat, stir the oil, onion, ginger, curry powder, cumin and garam masala for five minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, broccoli, red bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth and salt. Lower the heat and let simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Stir in the couscous, remove from heat and cover with a lid for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- If needed, add more broth or water to reach your desired consistency and adjust salt. Stir thoroughly before serving. Enjoy!