If you have not yet been introduced to Halloumi, you are in for a real treat! It is salty and rubbery and just so darn delicious! This salad is beautiful, refreshing and loaded with vitamins and minerals. Bon appétit.
Ingredients: Serves 2
• 250g halloumi cheese, sliced
• 2 cups rocket or arugula
• 1⁄4 cup dill
• 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
• 1 orange, peeled and segmented
• 2 tbsp, pomegranate seeds
• 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 100 ml orange juice
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp basil
• salt and pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the halloumi dry with a paper towel. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the skillet. Add the halloumi and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the rocket, dill, onions, orange, pomegranate seeds and cherry tomatoes in a salad bowl. Add the grilled halloumi cheese over the salad.
- For the dressing combine the oil, orange juice, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
Leave A Comment