This is a recipe that I adapted from my Everyday Detox cookbook. These brownies are rich, fudgy, coconutty and delicious! I am all about clean eating and fuelling my body 85-90% of the time but I always leave a bit of wiggle room for fuelling my heart and my soul.
Ingredients: Makes 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla; breaking up any clumps. Whisk well to form a smooth batter and then stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the center is firm.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting and serving them. (Easier said than down.) Enjoy!!
- Store in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out.