You are going to love this hearty quinoa stew. It pairs perfectly with fall and winter weather! It is delicious, loaded with nutrients and you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Yes please!
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- crushed red chilies…if you like spicy!
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onions and red pepper over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, paprika, coriander, and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, kidney beans and quinoa and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in corn and tomatoes until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Dish into bowls and sprinkle each serving with avocado, cilantro, salt, pepper and some crushed chilies.
Leave A Comment