For those of you who like Lara bars here is a recipe from the Oh She Glows blog to make your own. These are easy to whip up (no baking involved!) and make for super tasty snacks when you are looking for something sweet to nibble on. They store well in the fridge or freezer and you can easily modify the recipe if you want to add in different flavours (ie. cocoa instead of vanilla, other nuts and seeds instead of cashews), really the options are endless. Enjoy these delicious treats!
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup tightly packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tsp water, if needed
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 3 Tbsp mini non-dairy chocolate chips
- Add cashews to food processor and process until a coarse meal forms.
- Add in the pitted dates and vanilla. Process until the mixture comes together, for about 15 seconds, or longer if needed. The mixture should stick together easily when you squeeze it between your fingers. If it doesn’t stick or it’s still a bit crumbly, add a very small amount of water (1 teaspoon at a time) and process it again.
- Finally, add the salt, to taste, and the chocolate chips, and process briefly to combine.
- Line a loaf pan or an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper so that there’s overhang to lift out the bars after freezing. Scoop the mixture into the pan and smooth out with your hand until it’s level. Push down firmly all over the mixture. The more you pack it down the better the bars will hold together.
- Freeze, uncovered, for at least 15 to 20 minutes and then slice into bars or squares. Store these in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
Leave A Comment