This soup is ready in under 30 minutes and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. It is gluten-free, dairy-free and a great addition to your roster of easy weeknight suppers.
- 3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 2 Leeks (white parts only, chopped fine)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme (dried)
- 1 3/4 cups Cannellini Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 3 cups Water
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (stem removed, chopped)
- 3 tbsps Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add a splash of the vegetable broth, then add the carrots and leeks. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Then add the garlic, oregano and thyme and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, water and remaining broth and bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Then reduce to medium-low and add the kale and lemon juice. Stir and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, until the kale is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley. Serve and enjoy!