- Naturopathic Medicine
This is a recipe adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine, 2009. Kale chips are kind of like olives and blue cheese, people either love them or hate them, not a whole lot of middle ground. I think they are delicious and they are packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are also considered an anti-inflammatory food, assist with detoxification and help prevent cancer. Wow….a chip that is actually good for you….FINALLY!!
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed, dried, cut lengthwise in half with center ribs and stems removed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- optional seasonings – shaved parmesan, curry, tumeric, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Toss kale with oil in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and any other seasonings you want.
- Arrange leaves in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes for flat leaves and a bit longer for wrinkled leaves.
- Transfer leaves to rack to cool.
Christina Carreau BA, NDChristina Carreau, is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor in Toronto. Her mission is to inspire ‘A Healthier You’. [Continue Reading...]