I made this for the first time this past week and it is a keeper! It is such a beautiful bright green color and is delicious on pasta, on warm veggies, as a spread or dip or even on a spoon right out of the jar!
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (use 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast for a dairy-free version)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) then add walnuts to a baking sheet and bake in oven for 5-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large pot of salted water cook the kale for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze dry.
- In a food processor, combine the kale, walnuts, garlic and parmesan, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper until almost smooth. With the machine running, add the olive oil.
- Serve over warm or cold pasta, roast vegetables or as a dip for bread, crackers or veggie sticks.
- To store, cover with a thin layer of olive oil and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.