This is a great breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe! It is quick and easy to make and so darn delicious! My love affair with Kimchi started 15 years ago when I was living in Korea and my fridge hasn’t been without a jar since then. Enjoy!
Ingredients: Makes 2 large servings or 4 side servings.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions cut into 1″ lengths + 1 more thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped veggies (cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, spinach or whatever you have in your veggie crisper)
- 3 cups cooked and refrigerated rice (day old is best)
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional :1 tsp red pepper flakes
- optional: 1 fried egg per person
- optional: chopped nori
- Pre-heat your largest cast-iron skillet or wok over maximum heat. Add the oil, and immediately follow that with the garlic and green onions. Stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Add raw vegetables and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Add the rice and toss to coat with the oil. Continue to fry over high heat, tossing only occasionally and mostly letting the rice stay in contact with the pan so that it has time to brown. You want to break the rice up somewhat but also leave some smallish clumps.
- Add the kimchi, sesame oil, salt and optional red pepper flakes for one more minute.
- Serve immediately, topped with the remaining green onion, fried egg and nori, if you are using it.
Leave A Comment