I discovered this recipe in my Food and Drink magazine this week and made a batch on Tuesday for my dad’s birthday! They are super tasty! Matcha is packed with antioxidants, boosts metabolism, supports liver, heart and brain health! These energy bites are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Makes 15 energy bites
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, plus more for rolling
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp good quality matcha powder, plus more for dusting
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for about a minute until the mixture forms a paste.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes for the mixture to get firm.
- Shape into 15 bite-sized balls.
- Roll balls in flaked coconut or dust with matcha powder.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.