Another meatless Monday recipe for you to enjoy. I must confess, eggplant has never been a favourite of mine but these are so tasty! Change things up in any way that you like. You can use tomato sauce instead of tomatoes, add different vegetables and herbs as you please, add olives or parmesan, the options are truly endless. I am convinced that these pizzas can turn anyone into a lover of eggplant.
- 1 Eggplant (medium)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Ball (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 2 tbsps Basil Leaves (finely chopped)
- Cut the eggplant into equal slices about 1/2 inch thick. Generously brush each side of the eggplant with the oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook eggplant in batches until tender and browned about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, turn the broiler on high.
- Transfer the browned eggplant slices to a baking sheet and top each with tomatoes, dried oregano and shredded cheese. Broil the eggplant pizzas for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly and browned.
- Top with red pepper flakes and fresh basil. Enjoy!