This recipe is from the Joyous Health Eat Well and Live Well Without Dieting Cookbook. This smoothie is loaded with nutrients, super delicious and will leave you feeling satiated for hours. Cheers!
Makes 1 or 2 smoothies
- 1 banana
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
1 cup (250 mL) spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey*
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) bee pollen*
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond milk or hemp milk
- Filtered water, just enough for desired consistency
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth. Pour into a glass.
*If you have any allergies to bees, don’t add the bee pollen or honey. Replace the bee product with an equal amount of real maple syrup.
If you don’t have cooked quinoa on hand, add 1 scoop of your favourite plant-based protein powder.