- Naturopathic Medicine
You need to be a mushroom lover to enjoy this recipe. This recipe is quick, easy, delicious and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound portobello or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 slices bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- grated parmesan, as much as you fancy
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter, swirling pan. When butter begins to sizzle, add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add thyme and garlic, and stir to coat. Season well with salt and pepper and continue to sauté for a minute more, then add lemon juice and let mixture simmer 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread slices until golden. Lightly butter them and place on individual warm plates.
- Spoon mushrooms and juices over toasted bread. Top with chopped parsley and grated parmesan. Enjoy the magic!!