I LOVE looking at recipe books, making new recipes, re-inventing recipes I have already made! The kitchen is my happy place and where my creative juices flow uninhibited. This recipe was adapted from the Summer Issue of Food and Drink. Every bite is a mouthful of summer.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 lb ripe heriloom tomatoes
- 1 lb ripe nectarines
- 2 cobs corn, cooked
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 lb halloumi, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Arrange spinach on a platter. Cut tomatoes and nectarines into wedges and arrange over bed of spinach. Cut corn off cob and sprinkle over top of tomatoes and nectarines. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with onion and basil.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add halloumi. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute side. Arrange around salad and serve immediately.
- Bon appetit.