I only discovered this recipe a few weeks ago but have made these a number of times since. These are delicious on their own but also a great addition to soups and salads. You can use different herbs and spices to keep this an exciting snack.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp of grape seed oil or olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary, ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly dry chick peas using a tea towel and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and roll them around to ensure that they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and roll them around again to ensure even coating.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes then shake the pan and roll the chick peas around. Return to oven for another 10-20 minutes depending on how crunchy you want your chickpeas.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then dig in! Or once they have cooled completely, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. They do lose their crunch over time, but you can restore crunchiness by throwing them back in the oven for 5- 10 minutes at 400°F.