This is the perfect breakfast if your mornings tend to be hectic and hurried. These take just a couple of minutes to make the night before and then they are ready to go in the morning. As always, the options are endless. You can add more milk if you prefer this more thinned out or more chia seeds if you prefer a thicker consistency. You can add ground flaxseed in place of hemp hearts, add a few tbsp of toasted nuts or seeds, omit any of the above ingredients if you don’t have them at home. This is a real hit in our house.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 banana mashed or sliced
- 1½ cups of almond, rice, soy or oat milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon or ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- ½ cup fresh fruit/serving (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pear, apple, and mango are all delicious options)
- Place your oats, chia seeds, mashed banana, milk and cinnamon in a container with a lid. Stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. Add fresh fruit, hemp hearts and another dash of cinnamon. Add more milk or chia if needed.
- Voila…breakfast is served in under two minutes.
Leave A Comment