I have a hard time following recipes, as I always want to modify, substitute and ‘healthify’ when I can. This serves me well when I am cooking but when I am baking…not so much. Anyway, I followed this recipe from the Gluten Free HomeMaker’s Blog and these were delicious! They were so moist, soft and flavorful. I left out the pecans so they were school friendly but they would be a great addition.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey. Mix until combined.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and sprinkle the chopped pecans and additional pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Leave A Comment