This soup is creamy, seasonal and delicious. It is rich in flavour, colour and in nutrients. Enjoy this easy weeknight recipe.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne Pepper
- 9 cups pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 (400ml) can coconut cream
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic and ginger in the coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Then add the thyme and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the pumpkin, coconut cream and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend it smooth inside the pot. If you haven’t got an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some pumpkin seeds as garnish (optional).