Burger season has arrived! I love the smell and taste of a juicy, grilled burger. But I love experimenting with different recipes and variations of the same old, same old. These are super tasty and it is so great to experiment with plant based recipes when and if you can. Bon appetit.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange mushrooms, carrots and celery in a single layer and dry roast for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion for 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Transfer the cooked onion and garlic, dry roasted vegetables and quinoa to a food processor fitted with an ‘s’ blade. Add the cumin, chili and salt and process until a uniform mixture is created. It should be sticky enough to form into patties.
- Divide mixture and shape into four patties that are ½ inch thick. Arrange on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Flip them over carefully so they don’t break apart and return to bake for another 15 minutes, until crisp on the outside.
- Serve in a bun for the full burger experience with your favourite toppings or add these to any salad of your choice. Enjoy!!