Baked grapefruit is so yummy! Have it for breakfast, for dessert, add it to salads, yogurt, etc. You will not be disappointed! It is a great addition to this otherwise simple salad. The last time I made this, I skipped the chick peas and green peas and opted for crumbled goat feta instead. As you know… I am all about substitutions and experimenting when it comes to recipes. Bon appetit!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 red grapefruits, halved
- 1 cup tri color quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups kale
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 handful of microgreens
- handful of chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice grapefruits in half. With a sharp knife cut along the individual segments of the exposed grapefruit halves. Drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove segments with a spoon and reserve juice to add to dressing.
- Add quinoa and two cups of water to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork (if water remains, cover and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until water is gone). Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- To make dressing combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper and maple syrup. Squeeze any remaining juice from the grapefruits into the dressing. Mix well.
- To assemble salad, mix quinoa, grapefruit, kale, avocado, chick peas, green peas, microgreens and dill. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Leave A Comment