- Naturopathic Medicine
Stuffed peppers are filling, yummy, and incredibly versatile. These ones happen to be vegetarian but you could fill them up however you like, the options are endless. Make these ahead of time for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 cups Portobello Mushroom (chopped)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 4 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 cupsQuinoa (rinsed and cooked)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and tamari. Saute for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add in minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper and cayenne and saute for another minute. Stir in basil and spinach just until wilted and then remove from heat. Set aside to cool while you prep the red peppers.
- Chop the stem and top off of the peppers and carve out the seeds.
- Add the quinoa and feta cheese into the skillet with the vegetables and stir well to evenly distribute. Use a spoon to pack this vegetable mix into the red peppers. Place the peppers on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC). Bake stuffed peppers in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and serve. Enjoy!