This is a refreshing and hydrating juice and is a wonderful drink to help alkalize your body. Drink it first thing in the morning or as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack for a burst of energy.
This recipe does require a juicer. If you don’t have one…I would highly recommend investing in one. Juicing is an easy way to get some of your required daily servings of fruits and vegetables. It is also rich in antioxidants and provides an abundance of enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. I have been juicing for over 10 years and I can’t imagine life without one.
I have specified ‘organic’ for all of the fruits and vegetables on the ‘dirty dozen’ list. While organic is the healthiest choice for all fruits and vegetables, it can be expensive and we don’t always have access to a wide selection of organic produce.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 kale leaves (organic)
- 3 celery stalks (organic)
- 2 apples (organic) – Granny Smiths are my favorite in this recipe
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves or parsley
- Wash all of the above ingredients.
- Feed all ingredients through juicer.
- Drink immediately as the nutrients are destroyed over time by light, heat and air.
Leave A Comment