This soup is creamy, garlicky, simple and delicious. Add this to your meatless Monday recipe roster. If you like a bit of crunch with your soup add some toasted nuts, seeds or chickpeas as a topper.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or more for a thinner consistency
- optional toppers: toasted almonds or sesame seeds, roasted chickpeas, grated parmesan, fresh thyme or parsley, extra pepper, croutons, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, onions and garlic to a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add the thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix everything together on the baking tray.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges of the cauliflower florets start to turn golden.
- Save a few of the prettiest florets for garnish. Then transfer the roasted veggies to a blender.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the blender. Blend on high for one minute. If you’d like a thinner consistency, just add more broth or water.
- To serve, add the roasted cauliflower soup to a bowl and top with a couple roasted cauliflower florets and any other additions that you would like to add.
- Enjoy your bowl of creamy, flavourful deliciousness!!