These roasted cauliflower tacos with tangy avocado crema are delish! If you don’t feel like turning on the oven, you can roast the veggies on the BBQ. Add these to your #TacoTuesday rotation!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp each chili powder, paprika, oregano, garlic powder and cumin (AKA Taco Seasoning)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4-8 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- jalapenos (optional)
- ½ cup cashews, soaked, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Soak cashews in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Then drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower and red onion with taco seasoning, salt, pepper, oil and lime juice then spread out on a large baking sheet.
- Place on center rack and bake for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender with crispy edges.
- While cauliflower is roasting prepare avocado crema by placing all ingredients in a food processor or small blender and blending until smooth.
- Warm tortillas and add roasted cauliflower along with shredded cabbage and fresh cilantro. Top with avocado crema and serve. Provecho!