I feel like I spent half my life resenting Brussel sprouts for their stinky smell and sulfury taste. When a miniature cabbage showed up on my dinner plate…I felt like I was being punished. Now they are on my top 5 list…oh how the palate changes over time. This salad has great texture, color and flavor. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Another recipe for your meatless collection.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 cup Lentils (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds (raw)
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt And Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 5 cups Brussels Sprouts (trimmed, very thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the lentils, pumpkin seeds, avocado oil, sea salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, shake the pan around and place back in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl or jar, add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and green onions. Shake well and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the brussels sprouts, lentils, pumpkin seeds and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with pomegranate seeds and avocado. Divide onto plates, serve and enjoy!