This shrimp curry is so tasty! It is always a good idea to play around with the variety in your diet. This is the best and simplest way to ensure that you are getting all of the necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients from your food. Enjoy.
Ingredients: Serving 4
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps Garam Masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs Shrimp raw
- 4 cups chopped greens (spinach, kale, arugula, broccoli – your choice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the tomatoes, chili pepper, and onion and process until finely ground into a paste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, pour in the tomato paste mixture and cook for about one to two minutes, stirring often.
- Add the ginger, garlic, garam masala, coriander, and cumin and cook for another one to two minutes, until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the salt and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for three to five minutes. Add the shrimp and greens. Stir until cooked through, about three to four minutes.
- Divide the rice into bowls and add the shrimp mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Leave A Comment