- Naturopathic Medicine
This spinach lentil curry is easy to make and it will fill your home with fabulous aromatic spices. It is loaded with incredible flavor and it is great for fighting inflammation and supporting your immune system.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 tbsps Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (from the can)
- 2 cups Lentils (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (optional, roughly chopped)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (dry)
- 2 tsps Maple Syrup
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger, stirring and sautéing for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Stir in all of the curry powder, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes and continue to cook for a minute until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the lime juice and vegetable stock. Scrape any browned bits off the bottom. Then add the coconut milk, lentils and cilantro and stir to combine. Wilt in the spinach 2 cups at a time.
- Bring the curry to a gentle boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook your rice according to the instructions on the package.
- When the curry has thickened slightly, stir in the maple syrup. Divide the cooked rice onto plates and top it with the curry. Enjoy!