These are a healthy snack for when you are craving something sweet. The protein and fiber from the nuts and seeds help to keep blood sugar levels stable. They are dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and full of nutrients. They don’t require baking and they are full of healthy ingredients. There is so much room for modification so you can change up the flavour and texture by adding different nuts, seeds and spices. YUM!
Makes 18-24 (depending on size)
- ¾ cup any nut butter (try almond, cashew or peanut)
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ cup dates
- 1 cup seeds (I like to use a mix of hemp hearts, ground flaxseed, chopped pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup of cocoa or carob powder
- ½ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
Optional additions (1 tsp spirulina; 1 tsp cinnamon; 1 tsp ground ginger; ¼ cup chopped goji berries; dash of cayenne, really the options are endless).
- Put the nut butter, tahini and dates in a food processor and blend until combined but still chunky.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Roll into grape size balls.
- You can roll these in coconut, cocoa powder or cinnamon if you like.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Leave A Comment