This is a quick throw together meal as long as you have some cooked rice on hand and if not…skip the rice. It is tasty with or without. Neither of my kids love cabbage but they loved this recipe. It is simple but still very flavourful.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken, turkey or veggie ground round
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the ground meat, onions and Italian seasoning and sauté for about 7-10 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and browned.
- Add the cabbage, diced tomatoes, sea salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in the cooked rice until everything is well mixed. Let sit over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Leave A Comment