This dip is dangerously delicious. You would never know that this it is dairy-free. This is a recipe adapted from the Oh She Glows food blog. I like to add a few more veggies and some beans to make this a heartier and more nutrient dense dip. This is a real crowd pleaser and so incredibly tasty!!
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
For the Dip:
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can refried beans
- 3 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- handful of cilantro (for garnish)
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and add water to cover. Soak overnight. (If you are pressed for time, you can soak for 2 hours instead.)
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Steam carrots for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Combine the cashews, carrots and remaining sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta sauce, onion, green pepper, corn, refried beans and spinach. Add in the cheese sauce until well combined.
- Spoon the sauce into the prepared casserole dish and smooth out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, rice crackers or veggie sticks.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat leftovers in a 400°F degree oven for 10-20 minutes.